|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Apple Script||MBS MacCocoa Plugin||11.2||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
dim source as string = "tell Application ""iTunes"" to pause"
dim n as new NSAppleScriptMBS(source)
Important: You should access NSAppleScriptMBS only from the main thread.
This class provides applications with the ability to
- load a script from a URL or from a text string
- compile or execute a script or an individual Apple event
- obtain an NSAppleEventDescriptorMBS containing the reply from an executed script or event
- obtain an attributed string for a compiled script, suitable for display in a script editor
- obtain various kinds of information about any errors that may occur
Important: NSAppleScriptMBS provides the execute method so that you can send an Apple event to invoke a handler in a script. (In an AppleScript script, a handler is the equivalent of a function.) However, you cannot use this method to send Apple events to other applications.
When you create an instance of NSAppleScriptMBS object, you can use a URL or a folderitem to specify a script that can be in either text or compiled form, or you can supply the script as a string. Should an error occur when compiling or executing the script, several of the methods return a dictionary containing error information. The keys for obtaining error information, such as NSAppleScriptErrorMessage, are described in the Constants section.
- 4 properties
- 14 methods
- method compile as boolean
- method compile(byref error as dictionary) as boolean
- method Constructor(file as folderitem, byref error as Dictionary)
- method Constructor(source as string)
- method Constructor(sourceLines() as string)
- method Constructor(URL as string, byref error as Dictionary)
- method copy as NSAppleScriptMBS
- method execute as NSAppleEventDescriptorMBS
- method execute(byref error as dictionary) as NSAppleEventDescriptorMBS
- method executeAppleEvent(event as NSAppleEventDescriptorMBS, byref error as dictionary) as NSAppleEventDescriptorMBS
- method executeSubroutine(Name as String, parameters() as NSAppleEventDescriptorMBS, byref error as dictionary) as NSAppleEventDescriptorMBS
- method properties as string()
- method setValueDescriptorForProperty(propertyName as string, value as NSAppleEventDescriptorMBS) as boolean
- method valueDescriptorForProperty(propertyName as string) as NSAppleEventDescriptorMBS
- 5 shared methods
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples which use this class:
- /MacCocoa/AppleScript/AppleScript Editor Cocoa
- /MacCocoa/AppleScript/NSAppleScriptMBS query Mail mailboxes
- /MacCocoa/AppleScript/NSAppleScriptMBS with properties
- /MacControls/Listbox and TableView Demos/Disk Browser
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacCocoa Plugin.
MBS FileMaker Plugins