|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||MediaLibrary||MBS Mac64bit Plugin||18.2||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
Conceptually, a media source respresents a single app, such as iTunes or Aperture. Each media source contains multiple groups of media objects—individual files containing a piece of media such as a photo, song, or movie.
The structure of the group hierarchy is specific to each media source, but all sources have certain commonalities. For example, every source has a single root media group, which contains all groups and objects within that source. It is the highest-level parent group in the hierarchy and each of its descendant groups contains its own subgroups and their objects. All groups have a reference to their parent within the hierarchy. A group with no descendants contains only its own objects. If a media group does not contain any objects, it is not visible in the hierarchy.
Every media source has a unique media source identifier within a single media library instance. For a list of possible media source identifiers, see Media Source Identifiers.
All MLMediaSourceMBS properties are read-only, so this information can be accessed but not altered.
This is an abstract class. You can't create an instance, but you can get one from various plugin functions.
- 5 properties
- 5 methods
- method Constructor
- method mediaGroupForIdentifier(mediaGroupIdentifier as string) as MLMediaGroupMBS
- method mediaGroupsForIdentifiers(mediaGroupIdentifiers() as string) as Dictionary
- method mediaObjectForIdentifier(mediaObjectIdentifier as string) as MLMediaObjectMBS
- method mediaObjectsForIdentifiers(mediaObjectIdentifiers() as string) as Dictionary
- 12 shared methods
- shared method MLMediaSourceApertureIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourceAppDefinedFoldersIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourceCustomFoldersIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourceFinalCutIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourceGarageBandIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourceiMovieIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourceiPhotoIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourceiTunesIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourceLogicIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourceMoviesFolderIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourcePhotoBoothIdentifier as String
- shared method MLMediaSourcePhotosIdentifier as String
- 3 constants
This class has no sub classes.
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Mac64bit Plugin.
MBS Xojo blog