|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||MapKit||MBS MacFrameworks Plugin||19.0||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
A map item includes a geographic location and any interesting data that might apply to that location, such as the address at that location and the name of a business at that address. You can also create a special MKMapItem object representing the user's current location.
Use this class to do the following:
- Share map-related data with the Maps app.
- Handle requests for directions that originate from the Maps app.
To display information in Maps, create an MKMapItem object with the information you want to display and call the openMapsWithItems method. Maps displays that location on the map and shows the information you provide.
If you implement a routing app, Maps provides you with two MKMapItem objects representing the start and end points. Use the information in those two objects to plot the route and generate directions.
- 7 properties
- 2 methods
- 12 shared methods
- shared method mapItemForCurrentLocation as MKMapItemMBS
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsCameraKey as String
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsDirectionsModeDefault as String
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsDirectionsModeDriving as String
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsDirectionsModeKey as String
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsDirectionsModeTransit as String
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsDirectionsModeWalking as String
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsMapCenterKey as String
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsMapSpanKey as String
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsMapTypeKey as String
- shared method MKLaunchOptionsShowsTrafficKey as String
- shared method openMapsWithItems(items() as MKMapItemMBS, launchOptions as Dictionary) as Boolean
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- MKLocalSearchResponseMBS.mapItems as MKMapItemMBS()
Some properties using for this class:
- MKDirectionsRequestMBS.destination as MKMapItemMBS
- MKDirectionsRequestMBS.source as MKMapItemMBS
- MKDirectionsResponseMBS.destination as MKMapItemMBS
- MKDirectionsResponseMBS.source as MKMapItemMBS
- MKETAResponseMBS.destination as MKMapItemMBS
- MKETAResponseMBS.source as MKMapItemMBS
Some examples which use this class:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacFrameworks Plugin.
MBS Xojo PDF Plugins