|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||MemoryBlock||MBS Util Plugin||16.4||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
The memory is stored using mapped memory in the system address space outside of the 32bit app memory of your app.
Normally a 32-bit app can only use 2 to 4 GB of memory. Using blocks of memory outside this address space, you can easily keep 10 GB of data in memory.
Be aware that a some point creating more storages may fail due to out of memory.
The system may decide to swap memory to disk if you run out of physical memory.
Please have your app check free space on boot disk regularly and avoid running out of disk space for swap!
- 4 properties
- 6 methods
- method Constructor(Size as Int64 = 0)
- method Destructor
- method MemoryValue(Offset as Int64, Assigns s as MemoryBlock)
- method MemoryValue(Offset as Int64, Size as Int64) as MemoryBlock
- method StringValue(Offset as Int64, Assigns s as String)
- method StringValue(Offset as Int64, Size as Int64) as String
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples which use this class:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Util Plugin.
MBS FileMaker Plugins