|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Notifications||MBS MacBase Plugin||9.7||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
An NSNotificationCenter object is essentially a notification dispatch table.
This is for sending broadcast messages from one application to other application on same computer.
For the notification center in Mac OS X 10.8, please use NSUserNotificationMBS class.
- property Handle as Integer
- 8 methods
- method addObserver(observer as NSNotificationObserverMBS, name as string="", theObject as Variant=nil)
- method Constructor
- method postNotification(notification as NSNotificationMBS)
- method postNotificationName(name as string)
- method postNotificationName(name as string, theObject as Variant)
- method postNotificationName(name as string, theObject as Variant, userInfo as dictionary)
- method removeObserver(observer as NSNotificationObserverMBS)
- method removeObserver(observer as NSNotificationObserverMBS, name as string, theObject as Variant=nil)
- shared method defaultCenter as NSNotificationCenterMBS
Some methods using this class:
- InstantMessageMBS.notificationCenter as NSNotificationCenterMBS
- NSWorkspaceMBS.notificationCenter as NSNotificationCenterMBS
Some examples which use this class:
- /AVFoundation/Screen Recorder
- /MacBase/Cocoa Menu Modification
- /MacBase/NSFileHandle async reading
- /MacCocoa/Notifications/NSWorkspaceMBS notification receiver
- /MacCocoa/NSUserDefaultsDidChangeNotification Test
- /MacCocoa/NSWorkSpace Notifications
- /MacCocoa/readToEndOfFileInBackgroundAndNotify Test
- /MacFrameworks/Blocks/Blocks test
- /MacFrameworks/Blocks/Blocks test with delegate
- /MacFrameworks/CoreWLAN Events
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacBase Plugin.
MBS Xojo Chart Plugins