|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||iCloud||MBS MacCloud Plugin||11.2||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
A protocol to be implemented by objects that present the contents of files or directories to the user for viewing or editing. The objects can take an active role in operations that access those files or directories, even operations performed by other processes in the system. For an NSFilePresenter to be aware of such file access it must be "coordinated" file access. Starting in version 10.7 many components of Mac OS X use NSFileCoordinatorMBS, including AppKit, Finder, and various applications. NSDocument conforms to the NSFilePresenter protocol and has useful implementations of all of its methods. You are unlikely to have to implement NSFilePresenter yourself in an NSDocument-based application.
See the comments for NSFileCoordinator.Constructor for information about how an NSFilePresenter can avoid receiving messages about its own reading and writing.
You can consider "item" in method names in this header file to be an abbreviation of "fileOrDirectory." As always, a directory might actually be a file package.
Please also check the documentation from Apple for the NSFilePresenter protocol.
- 19 events
- event accommodatePresentedItemDeletionWithCompletionHandler(Complete as NSFilePresenterHandlerMBS)
- event accommodatePresentedSubitemDeletionAtURL(URL as string, file as Folderitem, Complete as NSFilePresenterHandlerMBS)
- event presentedItemDidChange
- event presentedItemDidGainVersion(version as NSFileVersionMBS)
- event presentedItemDidLoseVersion(version as NSFileVersionMBS)
- event presentedItemDidMoveToURL(url as string, file as folderitem)
- event presentedItemDidResolveConflictVersion(version as NSFileVersionMBS)
- event presentedItemURL as string
- event presentedSubitemAtURLdidGainVersion(URL as string, file as Folderitem, version as NSFileVersionMBS)
- event presentedSubitemAtURLdidLoseVersion(URL as string, file as Folderitem, version as NSFileVersionMBS)
- event presentedSubitemAtURLdidMoveToURL(oldURL as string, newURL as string, oldFile as folderitem, newFile as folderitem)
- event presentedSubitemAtURLdidResolveConflictVersion(URL as string, file as Folderitem, version as NSFileVersionMBS)
- event presentedSubitemDidAppearAtURL(URL as string, file as Folderitem)
- event presentedSubitemDidChangeAtURL(URL as string, file as Folderitem)
- event primaryPresentedItemURL as string
- event reacquirer
- event relinquishPresentedItemToReader(reader as NSFilePresenterHandlerMBS)
- event relinquishPresentedItemToWriter(writer as NSFilePresenterHandlerMBS)
- event savePresentedItemChangesWithCompletionHandler(Complete as NSFilePresenterHandlerMBS)
- property Handle as Integer
- 2 methods
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- NSFileCoordinatorMBS.addFilePresenter(filePresenter as NSFilePresenterMBS)
- NSFileCoordinatorMBS.Constructor(filePresenter as NSFilePresenterMBS = nil)
- NSFileCoordinatorMBS.filePresenters as NSFilePresenterMBS()
- NSFileCoordinatorMBS.removeFilePresenter(filePresenter as NSFilePresenterMBS)
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacCloud Plugin.
MBS Xojo PDF Plugins