|class||SerialPort||MBS Util Plugin||22.3||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||❌ No||All|
Notes: While we compiled this class also for iOS, we don't expect anyone to find a serial port on an iPhone.
- event DataAvailable
- 13 properties
- property Handle as Integer
- property Lasterror as Integer
- property Suspended as Boolean
- property BaudRate as Integer
- property CTS as Boolean
- property DataBits as Integer
- property DSR as Boolean
- property DTR as Boolean
- property Parity as Integer
- property RTS as Boolean
- property StopBits as Double
- property WinRTSControl as Integer
- property XON as Boolean
- 15 methods
- method AvailableBytes as Integer
- method Clear
- method Close
- method Constructor
- method HasDataAvailable as Boolean
- method HasLine as Boolean
- method Open(Name as String, Index as Integer = 0)
- method Poll
- method Read(MaxByteSizeToRead as Integer) as String
- method ReadByte as Integer
- method ReadLine as String
- method Resume
- method Suspend
- method Write(value as String) as Integer
- method WriteByte(value as Integer) as Integer
- shared method List(Mode as Integer = 0) as String()
- 7 constants
RTS Flow Control Settings
Disables the RTS line when the device is opened and leaves it disabled.
Enables the RTS line when the device is opened and leaves it on.
Enables RTS handshaking. The driver raises the RTS line when the "type-ahead" (input) buffer is less than one-half full and lowers the RTS line when the buffer is more than three-quarters full.
Specifies that the RTS line will be high if bytes are available for transmission. After all buffered bytes have been sent, the RTS line will be low.
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples using this class:
- MBS Xojo Plugins in version 22.4
- MBS Xojo Plugins, version 22.4pr2
- MBS Xojo Plugins in version 22.3
- MBS Xojo Plugins, version 22.3pr1
Xojo Developer Magazine
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Util Plugin.
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.