Super class: XMLNodeMBS
|class||XML||MBS XML Plugin||22.4||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||✅ Yes||All|
By far the vast majority of objects (apart from text) that authors encounter when traversing a document are XMLElementMBS nodes.
Assume the following XML document:
When represented using DOM, the top node is an XMLElementMBS node for "elementExample", which contains two child XMLElementMBS nodes, one for "subelement1" and one for "subelement2". "subelement1" contains no child nodes.
Elements may have attributes associated with them; since the XMLElementMBS interface inherits from XMLNodeMBS, the generic XMLNodeMBS interface method getAttributes may be used to retrieve the set of all attributes for an element. There are methods on the XMLElementMBS interface to retrieve either an XMLAttributeMBS object by name or an attribute value by name. In XML, where an attribute value may contain entity references, an XMLAttributeMBS object should be retrieved to examine the possibly fairly complex sub-tree representing the attribute value. On the other hand, in HTML, where all attributes have simple string values, methods to directly access an attribute value can safely be used as a convenience.
Subclass of the XMLNodeMBS class.
This is an abstract class. You can't create an instance, but you can get one from various plugin functions.
- 9 properties
- property ChildElementCount as Integer
- property FirstElementChild as XMLElementMBS
- property LastElementChild as XMLElementMBS
- property NextElementSibling as XMLElementMBS
- property PreviousElementSibling as XMLElementMBS
- property SchemaTypeInfo as XMLTypeInfoMBS
- property TagName as String
- property AttributeValue(Name as String) as String
- property AttributeValueNS(namespaceURI as string, localName as string) as string
- 19 methods
- method AttributeNode(Name as String) as XMLAttributeMBS
- method AttributeNodeNS(namespaceURI as string, localName as String) as XMLAttributeMBS
- method Constructor private
- method Element(Index as Integer) as XMLElementMBS
- method ElementsByTagName(TagName as String) as XMLElementMBS()
- method ElementsByTagNameNS(namespaceURI as string, localName as String) as XMLElementMBS()
- method HasAttribute(Name as String) as Boolean
- method HasAttributeNS(namespaceURI as string, localName as String) as Boolean
- method IterateElements as XMLIterateElementsMBS
- method IterateElementsByTagName(TagName as String) as XMLIterateElementsMBS
- method IterateElementsByTagNameNS(namespaceURI as string, localName as String) as XMLIterateElementsMBS
- method RemoveAttribute(Name as String)
- method RemoveAttributeNode(Node as XMLAttributeMBS)
- method RemoveAttributeNS(namespaceURI as string, localName as string)
- method SetAttributeNode(AttributeNode as XMLAttributeMBS)
- method SetAttributeNodeNS(AttributeNode as XMLAttributeMBS)
- method SetIdAttribute(name as string, isID as boolean)
- method SetIdAttributeNode(idAttr as XMLAttributeMBS, isID as boolean)
- method SetIdAttributeNS(namespaceURI as string, localName as string, isID as boolean)
Super class XMLNodeMBS
- 20 properties
- property AttributeCount as Integer
- property BaseURI as String
- property ChildCount as Integer
- property FirstChild as XMLNodeMBS
- property Handle as Integer
- property hasAttributes as Boolean
- property hasChildren as Boolean
- property LastChild as XMLNodeMBS
- property LocalName as String
- property NamespaceURI as String
- property NextSibling as XMLNodeMBS
- property NodeName as String
- property NodeType as Integer
- property NodeValue as String
- property OwnerDocument as XMLDocumentMBS
- property ParentNode as XMLNodeMBS
- property Prefix as String
- property PreviousSibling as XMLNodeMBS
- property ReferenceCount as Integer
- property toString as String
- 19 methods
- method appendChild(newChild as XMLNodeMBS) as XMLNodeMBS
- method AttributeNode(Index as Integer) as XMLAttributeMBS
- method AttributeNodes as XMLAttributeMBS()
- method Child(Index as Integer) as XMLNodeMBS
- method ChildNodes as XMLNodeMBS()
- method Clone(deep as Boolean) as XMLNodeMBS
- method compareDocumentPosition(other as XMLNodeMBS) as Integer
- method Constructor private
- method insertBefore(newChild as XMLNodeMBS, refChild as XMLNodeMBS) as XMLNodeMBS
- method isDefaultNamespace(namespaceURI as String) as Boolean
- method isEqualNode(other as XMLNodeMBS) as Boolean
- method isSameNode(other as XMLNodeMBS) as Boolean
- method IterateAttributeNodes as XMLIterateAttributeNodesMBS
- method IterateChildNodes as XMLIterateChildNodesMBS
- method lookupNamespaceURI(prefix as String) as String
- method lookupPrefix(namespaceURI as String) as String
- method Normalize
- method removeChild(Node as XMLNodeMBS)
- method replaceChild(newChild as XMLNodeMBS, oldChild as XMLNodeMBS) as XMLNodeMBS
- 18 constants
The node is contained by the reference node. A node which is contained is always following, too.
The node contains the reference node. A node which contains is always preceding, too.
The two nodes are disconnected. Order between disconnected nodes is always implementation-specific.
The node follows the reference node.
The determination of preceding versus following is implementation-specific.
The second node precedes the reference node.
Document Type Node
Entity Reference Node
Processing Instruction Node
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- XMLDocumentMBS.createElement(Name as String) as XMLElementMBS
- XMLDocumentMBS.createElementNS(namespaceURI as String, qualifiedName as String) as XMLElementMBS
- XMLDocumentMBS.ElementsByTagName(TagName as String) as XMLElementMBS()
- XMLDocumentMBS.ElementsByTagNameNS(namespaceURI as string, localName as String) as XMLElementMBS()
- XMLDocumentMBS.getElementById(elementId as String) as XMLElementMBS
Some properties using for this class:
- XMLAttributeMBS.OwnerElement as XMLElementMBS
- XMLDocumentMBS.DocumentElement as XMLElementMBS
- XMLElementMBS.FirstElementChild as XMLElementMBS
- XMLElementMBS.LastElementChild as XMLElementMBS
- XMLElementMBS.NextElementSibling as XMLElementMBS
- XMLElementMBS.PreviousElementSibling as XMLElementMBS
Some events using this class:
- XMLParserFilterMBS.startElement(node as XMLElementMBS) as Integer
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS XML Plugin.
Feedback: Report problem or ask question.