|class||Collaboration||MBS MacFrameworks Plugin||13.0||✅ Yes||❌ No||❌ No||✅ Yes||All|
An identity object has the following required attributes: a class (user or group), a unique identitfier (UUID), a full name, a Posix ID (UID or GID), and a Posix name (a.k.a. "short" name). There are also a number of optional attributes such as email address, image data, etc.
Group identities have a membership which may include both users as well as other groups. An identity can be tested for membership in a specific group.
A CSIdentity object is a private copy of the identity information. It can be modified in memory, but requires authorization to commit changes back to the identity authority database. On OS X version 10.5, only local identities can be created, modified or deleted, and only by users with Administrator credentials.
Changes may be committed synchronously or asynchronously. All data validation occurs at commit time.
Two identities are equal if they have the same class and UUID.
- 16 properties
- property Authority as CSIdentityAuthorityMBS
- property EmailAddress as string
- property FullName as string
- property Handle as Integer
- property IdentityClass as Integer
- property ImageData as memoryblock
- property ImageDataType as string
- property ImageURL as string
- property IsCommitting as Boolean
- property IsEnabled as Boolean
- property IsGroup as Boolean
- property IsHidden as Boolean
- property IsUser as Boolean
- property PosixID as Integer
- property PosixName as string
- property UUID as string
- 21 methods
- method AddAlias(alias as string)
- method AddMember(user as CSIdentityMBS)
- method Aliases as string()
- method AuthenticateUsingPassword(password as string) as Boolean
- method Commit as Boolean
- method Commit(byref error as Variant) as Boolean
- method Constructor(identityClass as Integer, fullName as string, posixName as string, flags as Integer, authority as CSIdentityAuthorityMBS)
- method copy as CSIdentityMBS
- method Delete
- method GroupMembershipQuery as CSIdentityQueryMBS
- method IsMemberOfGroup(group as CSIdentityMBS) as Boolean
- method PersistentReference as memoryblock
- method RemoveAlias(alias as string)
- method RemoveClient
- method RemoveMember(user as CSIdentityMBS)
- method SetEmailAddress(email as string = "")
- method SetFullName(name as string)
- method SetImageData(data as memoryblock = nil, datatype as string = "public.jpeg")
- method SetImageURL(URL as string)
- method SetIsEnabled(value as boolean)
- method SetPassword(password as string)
- 3 shared methods
- 4 constants
Identity Class Constants
The class value for group identities.
The class value for user identities.
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- CSIdentityQueryMBS.Results as CSIdentityMBS()
- MonkeyBread Software Releases the MBS Xojo Plugins in version 23.5
- MBS Xojo Plugins, version 23.5pr4
- MBS Xojo Plugins, version 22.5pr7
- MBS Real Studio Plugins, version 13.0pr6
- Version 23.5
- Changed CSIdentityMBS class to have 15 properties visible in debugger.
- Version 22.5
- Disabled debug logging left over in CSIdentityMBS class constructor.
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacFrameworks Plugin.