|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Printing||MBS Win Plugin||12.1||No||Yes||No||Yes, Windows only||No|
dim printers(-1) as WindowsPrinterInfoMBS = WindowsPrinterInfoMBS.LocalPrinters
for each p as WindowsPrinterInfoMBS in printers
This class wraps the PRINTER_INFO_2 structure on windows which you find documented here:
This is an abstract class. You can't create an instance, but you can get one from various plugin functions.
- 20 properties
- property AttributeFlags as Integer
- property AveragePPM as Integer
- property Comment as String
- property CountJobs as Integer
- property Datatype as String
- property DefaultPriority as Integer
- property DevMode as WindowsDeviceModeMBS
- property DriverName as String
- property Location as String
- property Parameters as String
- property PortName as String
- property PrinterName as String
- property PrintProcessor as String
- property Priority as Integer
- property SeparatorPageFile as String
- property ServerName as String
- property ShareName as String
- property StartTime as Integer
- property Status as Integer
- property UntilTime as Integer
- 2 methods
- 2 shared methods
- 7 constants
Printer Enumeration Flags
The function enumerates the list of printers to which the user has made previous connections.
If the kPrinterFlagsName flag is not also passed, the function ignores the Name parameter, and enumerates the locally installed printers. If kPrinterFlagsName is also passed, the function enumerates the local printers on Name.
The function enumerates the printer identified by Name. This can be a server, a domain, or a print provider. If Name is nil, the function enumerates available print providers.
Remote (non Local) printers?
The function enumerates printers that have the shared attribute. Cannot be used in isolation; use an OR operation to combine with another constants.
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples which use this class:
- /Win/Print To Printer
- /Win/Printing/Print Jobs
- /Win/Printing/Windows Printer
- /Win/Printing/Windows Printer List
- /Win/Windows Switch Printers for printing
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Win Plugin.
MBS FileMaker tutorial videos