|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||SceneKit||MBS Mac64bit Plugin||19.1||Yes||No||No||No||No|
A material has several visual properties that together determine its appearance under lighting and shading. SceneKit renders each pixel in the scene by combining the information from material properties with the locations, intensities, and colors of lights.
A material property’s contents can be either a color, which provides a uniform effect across the surface of a material, or a texture, which SceneKit maps across the surface of a material using texture coordinates provided by the geometry object the material is attached to. A texture, in turn, can come from any of several sources, such as an image object, a URL to an image file, a specially formatted image or set of images for use as a cube map, or even animated content provided by Core Animation, SpriteKit, or AVFoundation—for the full set of options, see the contents property.
- 11 properties
- property borderColor as NSColorMBS
- property contents as Variant
- property contentsTransform as SCNMatrix4MBS
- property intensity as Double
- property magnificationFilter as Integer
- property mappingChannel as Integer
- property maxAnisotropy as Double
- property minificationFilter as Integer
- property mipFilter as Integer
- property wrapS as Integer
- property wrapT as Integer
- method Constructor(content as Variant)
- 5 shared methods
- shared method materialPropertyWithColor(color as NSColorMBS) as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- shared method materialPropertyWithContents(content as Variant) as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- shared method materialPropertyWithImage(image as NSImageMBS) as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- shared method materialPropertyWithLayer(layer as CALayerMBS) as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- shared method materialPropertyWithPicture(picture as Picture) as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- 7 constants
Texture filtering sample texels from the neighborhood of the coordinates being sampled and linearly interpolates their colors.
Texture filtering returns the color from only one texel, whose location is nearest to the coordinates being sampled.
No texture filtering is applied.
Only valid for the mipFilter property, specifying that SceneKit should not use mip mapping.
Texture coordinates are clamped to the range from 0.0 to 1.0, inclusive.
Texture sampling in areas whose texture coordinates would fall outside this range produces texel colors from the nearest edge of the texture image.
Texture sampling uses texture colors for coordinates in the range from 0.0 to 1.0 (inclusive) and the material property’s borderColor value otherwise.
Texture sampling in areas whose texture coordinates would fall outside this range uses the borderColor property instead of texel colors from the texture image.
Texture sampling of texture coordinates outside range from 0.0 to 1.0 should behave as if the range reverses before repeating.
Texture sampling in areas of the material whose texture coordinates would fall outside from 0.0 to 1.0 results in tiling both texture image and its mirror image across the surface using the material.
Texture sampling uses only the fractional part of texture coordinates, passing through the range from 0.0 to (but not including) 1.0.
Texture sampling in areas of the material whose texture coordinates would fall outside from 0.0 to 1.0 results in tiling the texture image across the surface using the material.
This class has no sub classes.
Some properties using for this class:
- SCNCameraMBS.colorGrading as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- SCNMaterialMBS.ambient as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- SCNMaterialMBS.ambientOcclusion as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- SCNMaterialMBS.diffuse as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- SCNMaterialMBS.displacement as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- SCNMaterialMBS.reflective as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- SCNMaterialMBS.selfIllumination as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- SCNMaterialMBS.transparent as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- SCNSceneMBS.background as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
- SCNSceneMBS.lightingEnvironment as SCNMaterialPropertyMBS
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Mac64bit Plugin.
MBS FileMaker tutorial videos