|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Process||MBS Util Plugin||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No|
// Shows how to use the processInformationCFDictionary function to
// decide on Mac OS X whether an application is a background only one.
dim myProcess as ProcessMBS
dim myCFDictionary as CFDictionaryMBS
dim myCFBoolean as CFBooleanMBS
dim myCFObject as CFObjectMBS
myCFDictionary = CFDictionaryMBS(myProcess.processInformationCFDictionary)
myCFObject = myCFDictionary.Value(newcfstringmbs("LSBackgroundOnly"))
if myCFBoolean.Value then
MsgBox "is background"
MsgBox "is not background"
Requires Windows 95 or Windows 2000 to run on Windows.
To find all windows on Windows, use the WindowsListMBS class.
To find all windows on Mac OS X, use the CGSWindowListMBS class.
For newer code on Mac, please check NSRunningApplicationMBS class.
- 15 properties
- property CPUTime as Integer
- property CurrentProcess as boolean
- property flags as Integer
- property FrontProcess as boolean
- property lasterror as Integer
- property LaunchProcess as ProcessMBS
- property MacCreator as string
- property MacType as string
- property MemoryFree as Integer
- property MemorySize as Integer
- property Name as string
- property Path as folderitem
- property ProcessID as Integer
- property Visible as boolean
- property Priority as Integer
- property Priority(ProcessID as Integer) as Integer
- 21 methods
- method Bundle as folderitem
- method BundleID as string
- method GetCurrentProcess
- method GetfirstProcess
- method GetFrontProcess
- method GetNextProcess as boolean
- method GetProcess(serial as memoryblock)
- method KillProcess as Integer
- method KillProcess(timeoutms as Integer) as Integer
- method MacProcessSerial as memoryblock
- method ProcessInformationCFDictionary as object
- method QuitProcess as Integer
- method SameAs(other as ProcessMBS) as boolean
- method SetFrontProcessWithOptions(options as Integer)
- method SetServiceMode(ismode as boolean) as boolean
- method TransformProcessType(mode as Integer) as Integer
- method TransformToForegroundApplication as Integer
- method Update
- method WinFullProcessImagePath as string
- method WinModulePath as string
- method WinProcessImagePath as string
- 4 shared methods
- 3 constants
Process Transformation Types
Turn application in a background application.
functional in Mac OS X 10.7 and later
Turn application in a foreground application.
Turn application in a user interface element application.
functional in Mac OS X 10.7 and later
This class has no sub classes.
Some properties using for this class:
- ProcessMBS.LaunchProcess as ProcessMBS
Some examples which use this class:
- /MacCF/Carbon Events/Carbon Events Test
- /MacCF/Kiosk application
- /MacCG/CGS/CGS Windows
- /MacCocoa/NSAppleEventHandlerMBS test
- /MacCocoa/NSStatusItem/Logintime in menubar
- /MacOSX/Accessibility services/Active Window Logging
- /MacOSX/Accessibility services/Observer Test
- /Main/MBS Plugin Manager/MBS Plugin Manager
- /SQL/PostgreSQL Notify and Listen
- /SQL/SQLDatabaseMBS PostgreSQL Notify and Listen
- /Util/CPU/CPU Focus/Cpu Focus source
- /Util/Disable force quit Win
- /Util/Make Foreground Process
- /Util/Process/Process Example
- /Util/Process/Process Information
- /Util/Process/Process Paths
- /Util/Process/Process Paths 2
- /Util/Restart App on Mac
- /Util/SignalHandler/Signal Handler Flag Test
- MBS Plugins updated for Xojo 2019r2
- MBS Xojo / Real Studio Plugins, version 15.2pr4
- Notes on Windows 8
- MBS Real Studio Plugins, version 12.1pr2
- MBS REALbasic Plugins Version 10.4 release notes
- MBS REALbasic Plugins, version 10.4pr6
- MBS REALbasic plug-in 9.6
- MonkeyBread Software Releases the MBS REALbasic plug-ins 8.6
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Util Plugin.
MBS FileMaker blog