|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||memoryBlock||MBS Util Plugin||5.3||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
dim m as new MemoryBlockMBS
if m.Create(2000) then
// copy struing into memory
// and read again
Realbasics memoryblocks have two bad things:
- they are limited to 1 GB on Mac OS X and Mac OS Classic
- they take a lot of time to create them
- they take a lot of real memory
Realbasic allocates the memory and fills it with zeros.
The plugin in contrast uses zero filled pages to create the memoryblock which nearly take no time to create them and it does only need virtual memory until the memory is really used which saved swapping space.
- 3 properties
- 9 methods
- method Close
- method Constructor
- method Constructor(Mem as MemoryBlock)
- method Constructor(Mem as MemoryBlock, Size as Int64, Offset as Int64 = 0)
- method Constructor(Size as Int64)
- method Constructor(Str as String)
- method Constructor(Str as String, Size as Int64, Offset as Int64 = 0)
- method Create(size as Int64) as boolean
- method Resize(Size as Int64) as boolean
This class has no sub classes.
Some examples which use this class:
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS Util Plugin.
MBS Xojo PDF Plugins