|Type||Topic||Plugin||Version||macOS||Windows||Linux||Console & Web||iOS|
|class||Collaboration||MBS MacFrameworks Plugin||13.0||Yes||No||No||Yes, macOS only||No|
An identity object has the following required attributes: a class (user or group), a unique identitfier (UUID), a full name, a Posix ID (UID or GID), and a Posix name (a.k.a. "short" name). There are also a number of optional attributes such as email address, image data, etc.
Group identities have a membership which may include both users as well as other groups. An identity can be tested for membership in a specific group.
A CSIdentity object is a private copy of the identity information. It can be modified in memory, but requires authorization to commit changes back to the identity authority database. On OS X version 10.5, only local identities can be created, modified or deleted, and only by users with Administrator credentials.
Changes may be committed synchronously or asynchronously. All data validation occurs at commit time.
Two identities are equal if they have the same class and UUID.
- 5 properties
- 32 methods
- method AddAlias(alias as string)
- method AddMember(user as CSIdentityMBS)
- method Aliases as string()
- method AuthenticateUsingPassword(password as string) as Boolean
- method Authority as CSIdentityAuthorityMBS
- method Commit as Boolean
- method Commit(byref error as Variant) as Boolean
- method Constructor(identityClass as Integer, fullName as string, posixName as string, flags as Integer, authority as CSIdentityAuthorityMBS)
- method copy as CSIdentityMBS
- method Delete
- method GroupMembershipQuery as CSIdentityQueryMBS
- method IdentityClass as Integer
- method ImageData as memoryblock
- method ImageDataType as string
- method IsCommitting as Boolean
- method IsGroup as Boolean
- method IsHidden as Boolean
- method IsMemberOfGroup(group as CSIdentityMBS) as Boolean
- method IsUser as Boolean
- method PersistentReference as memoryblock
- method PosixID as Integer
- method PosixName as string
- method RemoveAlias(alias as string)
- method RemoveClient
- method RemoveMember(user as CSIdentityMBS)
- method SetEmailAddress(email as string = "")
- method SetFullName(name as string)
- method SetImageData(data as memoryblock = nil, datatype as string = "public.jpeg")
- method SetImageURL(URL as string)
- method SetIsEnabled(value as boolean)
- method SetPassword(password as string)
- method UUID as string
- 3 shared methods
- 4 constants
Identity Class Constants
The class value for group identities.
The class value for user identities.
This class has no sub classes.
Some methods using this class:
- CSIdentityQueryMBS.Results as CSIdentityMBS()
The items on this page are in the following plugins: MBS MacFrameworks Plugin.
MBS Xojo Plugins